Dear Committee Members-
These are the meeting minutes from our meeting of Tuesday, January 6.
- We had 25 participants and primarily covered the concepts of the 'Green House' concept
- We changed the committee name to AIA Northern California Regional Design For Aging Committee.
- The committee will continue to interface with AIA East Bay who have been helpful in arranging events and outreach.
- The next tour is at the Jewish Home on Silver Avenue in SF, Friday, January 16 at 3pm. Contact Stuart Stoller to attend- firstname.lastname@example.org It was decided to have the next tour of 'Barbary Lane' in Oakland for March.
- The NCB Capital Impact CD, "Where Love Matters" was shown.
- Glenn Simmons AIA, Principal of the Dahlin Group showed a Power Point of the background on the recent 'Green House' Design Charrette. He presented their award winning design, as well as the other winning designs. The concept was further discussed.
- We will continue reviewing this concept at future meetings, and it was also emphasized that other programs and prototype models be reviewed.
More about the 'Green House' model can be found at www.ncbcapitalimpact.org/thegreenhouse
The 'environments for aging .09' conference will be held in Boston from March 29-31 www.EFA09.com
Our next meeting is-
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 at AIA SF, NOON
Tom Brutting/Committee Chair