Presented by Fred Powell, AIA, Powell & Partners Architects.
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2011
Time: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Location: UC Berkeley, Wurster Hall, Room 106
3 LU Hours
Learn how to:
- Empower communities through the use of participatory design
- Integrate community input into the design process
- Move design projects through the governing/community boards reviews
- Learn what local community residents are doing to help their community
This workshop will be led by Fred Powell, AIA, President of Powell & Partners Architects in Oakland. To kick off the day Mr. Powell will present the key Community Design case studies. Following the presentation, expert panelists will share and discuss their experience working in different communities on various projects. The session will then conclude in the afternoon with an interactive discussion.
Panelists will include:
- Sylvia P. Kwan, FAIA, LEED AP, Chairman, Kwan Henmi Architecture/Planning, Inc.
- Natalie Van Tassel, a retired educator/ Co-organizer of Montclair Community Action Group
- Sam Burd, Former Lecturer UC Berkeley/ Co-Organizer of Montclair Community Action Group
- Judy Greenspan - Teacher - Stege Elementary School; West Contra Costa Unified School District
Cost: $150 for all professionals. A 50% UC Berkeley Student Discount is available. To receive the student discount use promotion code CEDBKNK4 when registering.*Please note that we require a UC Berkeley Student ID Number for each individual registration for which the student discount is used.
Space is limited. Registration required. Click here to register.
For more information: 510/464-3600