Green Home Tour (~100 volunteers needed)
When and Where: Sunday, June 1st throughout
Shifts available: Morning or Afternoon. 4 1/2 hour shifts allow time to visit other homes.
As a Tour Day volunteer you'll receive:
- The official Green Home Tour organic cotton t-shirt
- A special volunteer thank you gift
- A FREE Green Home Tour guidebook with in-depth case studies of each home which grants you access to any home on the tour
- A special orientation dinner for you and the tour organizers the week before the tour
- FREE snacks on the day of the tour
- Networking opportunities with green homeowners and building professionals
- A unique opportunity to experience green homes
- and so much more...
Tour Day Responsibilities include:
- Assist homeowners in preparing for tour guests (setup registration table, signs, etc.)
- Greet tour participants and verify all participants have a Tour Guidebook
- Ensure participants remove shoes or wear provided booties
- Facilitate the flow of traffic in the home
- Refrain guests from entering identified off limits areas
- Assist homeowners in closing down (remove signs, pack up supplies, etc.)
Volunteer Participation Criteria:
- Enjoy public education and interaction
- Be able to commit to the full volunteer shift
- Must attend one of the Volunteer Orientations. Dinner will be provided.
Contra Costa County: Wednesday, May 28th 6:30-8:30pm at the City of . Walnut Creek City Hall Alameda County: Thursday, May 29th 6:30-8:30pm at Green Buildingin Alameda Countyin Downtown . Oakland
- Must be 16 years old. Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
Pre- and Post-tour Volunteer Opportunities (~10-15 volunteers needed)
We're also looking for volunteers to help in our
- Educational signage
- Preparing materials and supplies
- Evaluating participant surveys, etc.
(We are located at
Special Pre-tour Volunteer
Volunteer Applications: If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a Volunteer Application which is available on our website at http://www.builditgreen.org.
The volunteer application deadline is Monday, May 19th. Please note on your registration form which opportunities you are interested in. We’ll do our best to match you up with the shift and county of your choice. Details regarding the mandatory Volunteer/Homeowner Orientation meeting will be emailed to you upon receipt of your application.
For more information: volunteer@BuildItGreen.org or 510-845-0472 ext 119