Atherton is sponsoring an Earth Day event at our house at 130 Selby Lane, Atherton on Monday 21 April with FREE FOOD AND DRINKS FOR ARCHITECTS, CONTRACTORS, SUBS during the afternoon.
Renovation of a 1928 house with these "green" features:
- insulation to allow more efficient (low temperature) heating
- radiant barrier in insulation profiles for roof, walls and floors with x-ray sections on-site for viewing
- cool water cooling (no air conditioner needed)
- wine cellar that needs no refrigeration
- shower waste heat reclamation
- shower drain water reclamation
- cistern rain water reclamation
- reclaimed wood and tile
Tours of the house will be led by engineers and energy efficient building students from Stanford.
We look forward to meeting people and talking about building more efficient homes.