The AIA Committee on the Environment (COTE) is accepting online submissions for the 2008 COTE Top Ten Green Projects awards program.
WHEN: The deadline to submit projects is January 31, 2008.
WHAT: Since 1996, this juried recognition program has celebrated the best in sustainable design. The program requirements are unique and require narrative descriptions as well as performance metrics. This unusual set of requirements is part of the program’s recognition of the importance of qualitative and quantitative elements of sustainable design. These COTE measures and metrics of sustainable design are a framework for a holistic understanding of sustainable design.
HOW: To submit a project for consideration, click here http://www.aiatopten.org
AIA COTE 2008 Top Ten Green Projects jury:
• Glenn Murcutt, 2002 Pritzker Prize winner
• Marvin Malecha, FAIA, dean of the School of Design at North Carolina State University and AIA First Vice President
• Susan Rodriguez, FAIA, Polshek Partnership
• Jason McLennan, AIA, CEO of the USGBC Cascadia Region Green Building Council
• Gail Brager, PhD, mechanical engineer, and professor at UC Berkeley Center for the Built Environment
• Rebecca Henn, AIA, PhD candidate at the University of Michigan
For more information: Marsha Garcia, 202-626-7488, firstname.lastname@example.org