On Saturday, October 13th, the AIAEB RUDF has organized a tour of the redevelopment activity that is occurring in the City of Hercules. Steve Lawton, Community Development Director for the City, will lead a tour and presentation of the dynamic New Urban neighborhoods and the beginnings of the City’s waterfront transit village and redevelopment around the civic core of the City. Participants will bicycle or drive between different Quarters of the Central Hercules planning area to see examples of place-making that teach applicable lessons for urban design throughout the Bay Area.
- 8:30am cyclists meet at El Cerrito Del Norte
- 9:15am carpoolers meet at El Cerrito Del Norte
- 9:30am everyone meet at Hercules City Hall (111 Civic Drive, Hercules, CA 94547)
- 9:30 to 10:30am discussion of planning efforts in Hercules and pending development projects in the City’s Civic Quarter
- 10:30am to 12:30pm tour of Central Quarter and Waterfront Quarter – see range of New Urbanist neighborhoods and the beginnings of the waterfront Transit Village.
- 12:30 to 1:30 lunch and informal discussion at Kinder’s (3600 San Pablo Avenue, Suite 1, Hercules, CA 94547)