From the City of Oakland:
Townhall Meetings on Lake Merritt Improvements: Safer Parks, Cleaner Water, More Open Space
Wednesday, February 22, 7-9pm
Saturday, February 25, 10am-12 noon
Oakland City Hall, Hearing Room 1.
In 2002, Oakland voters approved funding for many exciting
improvements to Oakland’s waterfront, and especially Lake Merritt
and the surrounding areas. (Measure DD)
This spring, construction will begin on the first of those improvements.
This is an opportunity for public input. Share your ideas on the plans and ask questions of project planners.
Topics will include:
• Status of tree removal permit
• Restoration plans for the Municipal Boathouse
• Expanding the park, improving safety and reducing lanes along Lakeshore Avenue
• 12th Street – from mini-freeway to green space
• Opportunities for public input
• Construction schedule and impacts
For More Information: Lyle Oehler 510/238-3389