Wednesday, December 8, 2010
2pm to 5pm
Location: Oshman Family JCC, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto
3 CES units (AIA)
Instructor: Larry I. Perlin, PE, Chief Building Official, City of Palo Alto
Description of the development of CALGreen and the transition to it from voluntary 2008 CGBSC
• Review the mandatory green building requirements of CALGreen for both residential and non-residential occupancies
• Explain how CALGreen is designed to interact with the other Parts of CCR Title 24, particularly Part 6 (the California Energy Code)
• Explore the voluntary green building “stretch” measures available for projects to achieve Tier 1 and Tier 2
• Examine options and resources available to AHJ’s to successfully adopt, implement and enforce CALGreen
• Explain the relationship between CALGreen and 3rd Party Green Building rating systems• Discuss the effects and consequences of CALGreen on existing local Green Building Ordinances.
AIA Members: $60
Associate AIA and Emeritus: $50
Registration fee includes a $15 book for the seminar.
RSVP by November 19, 2010 to ensure receiving a book on day of the seminar.
Additional books will be ordered for late registrants but they will receive book after the class.
Registration: On-line via www.aiascv.org, via Calendar link.
For more information: call AIASCV 408.298.0611