First Prize Award $25,000 Five Finalists Awards $5,000
An application may be submitted by anyone involved in the planning, development or operation of a project, but must include the approval of the original project sponsor, developer, and architect. Eligible projects must be located in the United States, and have been in operation for a sufficient amount of time to demonstrate success.
Applications are due on September 18, 2006
Applicants must me judged according to the following primary criteria:
- Design and construction quiality (e.g. sustainability, durability),
- Number of affordable housing units produced,
- Income-levels and social needs served by the projects,
- Positive impact on the lives of residents and the community, and,
- Innovation (e.g. creative financing techniques, partnership arrangements, use of density to increase project impact and affrodability, mix of income levels0.
Applicants must complete an application package which includes a cover sheet and supporting materials. Applications are available online at www.communityinnovation.berkeley.edu