From Steve Winkel, FAIA:
112 Wurster Hall, UC Berkeley Campus
1 to 4 pm
BAY AREA ICONS
Troubled Bridge Over Water: The Saga of the Bay Bridge from the people who know - What can we learn from this experience about how to design and build iconic public projects in the future?
- Ephraim Hirsch, Structural Engineer; Panelist, MTC Engineering and Design
- John King, Urban Design Writer; San Francisco Chronicle
- Donald MacDonald, Architect; Bay Bridge Self-Anchored Suspension Span
- Randy Rentschler, MTC; Director of Legislation and Public Affairs
- Steve Schnaidt; Staff Director, California State Senate Transportation
BAY AREA ICONS is a series of Friday afternoon workshops on how the Bay Area gets built. The workshops are free and open to the public, with preferential seating for CED students, faculty, and alumni. Hosted by the CEDAA and the CED Architecture Department.
For more information: email@example.com